Tee tilaus sivun yläosassa olevasta ORDER_TILAUS painikkeesta tai
Place your order by ORDER_TILAUS link above or by mail
Hinta / Price
Information - Find price information below! -
ja toimitusehdot -
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING
Oxford Collocations Dictionary
for Students of English
English level: Upper-Intermediate to Advanced
A collocations dictionary that helps students write and speak
- Collocations - common word combinations such as 'bright
idea' or 'talk freely' - are the essential building blocks of
natural-sounding English. The dictionary contains over 150,000 collocations
for nearly 9,000 headwords.
- The dictionary shows all the words that are commonly used
in combination with each headword: nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and
prepositions as well as common phrases.
- The dictionary is based on the 100 million word
British National Corpus. Internet searches
were made to ensure the most up-to-date usage for fast changing areas of
language such as computing.
- Over 50,000 examples show how the collocations are used
in context, with grammar and register information where helpful.
- The clear page layout groups collocations according to
part of speech and meaning, and helps users pinpoint speedily the headword,
sense and collocation they need.
- Usage notes show collocations shared by sets of words
such as languages and seasons.
- Ten illustrated topic pages pull together collocations
from areas such as sport, computing, music, and meetings.
- Photocopiable study pages guide learners through
different types of entry, showing them the wealth of information in the
dictionary and how to access it. The study pages also teach and test
collocations from particular topic areas such as jobs or money.
- It is an ideal companion volume to the
Oxford Advanced Learner's
- List of usage notes and special pages
- Guide to the entries
- The dictionary (pages 1-892)
- Study Pages; Ideas into words, using a noun
entry, using a verb entry, using an adjective entry, common verbs, natural
disasters, criminal justice, educaiton, driving, politics, jobs, money
- Key to the study pages (pages 893-897)
- Inside front cover; key to abbreviations,
symbols and labels
Hinta / Price information
Prices can be changed without notice.
for Students of English - book