Monarch V8 Standard
Monarch: the #1 Report Mining and data analysis tool
Monarch is Windows-based "Report Mining" software that easily extracts data from existing reports produced by any information system, along with easy data analysis, graphing, and exporting of data to other applications such as Excel and Access.
Unlike other solutions to access and analyze business data, Monarch requires no programming skills and no assistance from the IT department. Monarch empowers anyone in the organization to access and work with needed data, not just a select group of "power users" with advanced technology skills.
Keep the data, lose the paper
Managers, analysts, auditors, accountants and staff workers often find it difficult to get the timely, accurate data they need. They might struggle with a complex report writer or business intelligence tool to pull data from raw corporate databases themselves, or wait for the IT department to build custom reports for them. Such delays to get at needed data cause endless frustration, missed deadlines and lost business opportunities.
To avoid such delays, managers and workers often print and flip through thick paper reports run from their ERP system, HR/payroll system, banking, healthcare or government information system, or mainframe system. They then often rekey report data into a spreadsheet or database for analysis.
Our new customers often tell us, "All of the data I need is buried somewhere in my paper reports. If only there was some easy way to get at it." That "easy way" is Monarch. Monarch lets you keep the data and lose the paper!
Monarch transforms your existing reports into live, actionable data. This data can be sorted, filtered, supplemented with new calculations, summarized, exported to Excel, Access, etc., all without programming and without help from the IT department.
Monarch Pro also mines data from PDFs, databases and more!
Monarch Pro adds the additional capability of mining data from PDF files, plus importing and combining data from virtually any corporate database, spreadsheet, desktop database, HTML files and other data sources. Monarch Pro lets you combine report data with database data; create multiple "lookups" of data, and more!
Virtually any report used in your organization can be brought alive in Monarch. These files are commonly known as print files, spool files, TXT files, formatted ASCII files, etc. Monarch Pro can also access data from XLS, MDB, DB, DBF, WKx, delimited text and HTML files, as well as any ODBC-compliant data source, including SQL Server and Oracle.
- Extract data from report files produced on any mainframe, midrange, client/server or PC system
- Work with report-based data any way you wish: sort, filter, analyze, visualize and export data to your spreadsheet, database and other applications
- With Monarch Pro, also work with data from PDF files, HTML files and from virtually any corporate database
- Create new views of data using data extracted from existing reports, or, with Monarch Pro, combine report-based data and/or database data
- Easily integrate data from your company's existing business systems with desktop applications such as MS Office without programming
- Ends the need to rekey data from thick printed reports - with Monarch, the report becomes live data
- Excellent tool for auditing, accounting, financial analysis, inventory analysis and more, using financial statements and reports you know and trust
- Reduce the need for custom reports, because users can redeploy data from existing reports
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 or NT 4.0 SP6 or higher
- 64 MB RAM
- 80 MB HD
- Pentium Class CPU
- 16 bit Color Display
- Fixed length ANSI or ASCII text (TXT, PRN, SDF, etc.)
- Portable Reports File (PRF)
- Access 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0
- Excel 2.1, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 8.0
- Paradox 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 7.x
- Lotus 1-2-3 Release 1 (wks), Release 2 (wk1), Release 3 (wk3)
- dBASE III, IV, and 5.0
- Fixed length and delimited text
- HTML (requires Office XP or freely available Office XP web components)
- XML-SS (requires Office XP or freely available Office XP web components)
Monarch Version 8 is filled with exciting new features to help you work faster and smarter with reports and data than ever before!
- Shift Monarch templates to left or right! Sometimes your existing report is changed slightly, with data moving a few spaces to the left or right. With Monarch V8, you can now adjust your existing Monarch model template! No need to create a new model to match your altered report!
- Multiple footers! Past versions of Monarch allowed for only one footer template. Monarch V8 now lets you create multiple footers to access data previously unreachable!
- New Report Tree View! Monarch V8 now allows you to create a report navigation tree to automatically jump to any desired portion of your report (previously available only separately as Monarch Report Explorer).
- New "Jump to Table"! You can now highlight any line of your report and jump to the row in your Monarch table containing the data from that report row. Also, when viewing summarized data, you can jump back to the corresponding detail data.
- New and improved Calculated Field functions, including a powerful REPLACE function, to replace every instance of a text substring with a new substring.
- Many more data analysis improvements! Monarch V8 now also lets you create calculated fields as Memo fields. New "User-Edited Fields" lets you selectively fill in data however you wish, much like a typical Excel column. Plus, easily combine existing data filters together, and create new filters with a simple point and click!
- Improved formatting of summary data and charts! It's easier than ever to format your Monarch Summary data and charts to match your needs!
- Extra-wide reports are now accepted by Monarch V8, up to 4,000 characters wide! Previously, Monarch was limited to 1,000 characters per line.
- Plus much more!